welcome


Welcome in my special space - get yourself a cuppa and stay for a while!!
Please leave a comment, that way I get to know you too...

Friday 22 June 2012

A old kettle ...A herb garden Great find...from Funky Junk


Posted: 20 Jun 2012 11:56 PM PDT
herb garden planted in old kettles via Funky Junk Interiors
Growing a small herb garden has intrigued me for awhile. So last time I picked up a few plants for the garden, a few fragrant herbs made their way into my basket as well.

Where to put them? Didn't have a clue.
empty old kettles

I just dug around in my junk storage stash and came up with 4 kettle styled containers and thought... hmmm... I like!
herb garden planted in old kettles via Funky Junk Interiors

Nothing complicated about this project. Some potting soil was all that was added.

spanish moss in plants

Ok, not quite true. A little spanish moss was added to hide the soil. I just like this stuff. It's got such a great texture.

cog gear green

rusty gears cogs

No project would be complete without a few rusty gears! Truth be told, they helped to elevate some of the kettles for added height interest.
old kettle


herb garden planted in old kettles via Funky Junk Interiors

My favourite herb is spearmint. I remember while growing up, we had a wild bush of it growing inside our old farmhouse garage. A quick little pinch would have me dreaming of gum. :)

There's also two types of thyme that remind me of homemade soup!

I don't remember what the fourth is, but it's all good. I may eventually cook with some of the herbs handy right next to the kitchen, but for the most part, as with most everything else I create...

herb garden planted in old kettles via Funky Junk Interiors

I just like looking at them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment