welcome


Welcome in my special space - get yourself a cuppa and stay for a while!!
Please leave a comment, that way I get to know you too...

Wednesday 3 August 2011

another Blue Velvet chair link.....a must visit!!!


The Blue Velvet Chair



Posted: 01 Aug 2011 12:22 PM PDT
Here's what you'll see from across the room. I would absolutely love to have a version of this artwork in my home. I love the soft colors and the lack of a distinct image. Can you guess what it's made from?


Here's a closer look. Does it look familiar yet?



I simply adore and admire anyone who takes trash / discarded items / junk and creates something so
spectacularly beautiful. This 8' x 5' art piece is made of approximately 40,000 pieces of junk mail. JUNK MAIL! 

photos from Rag & Bone
I'm a loyal recycler (thanks, Sweden, for making it a part of everyday living), but I'll be thinking twice next time I get a stack of junk mail...can I make something this beautiful?

I also loved listening to Amanda Nelsen, the artist of this artwork, as she talked about her work with 'found paper'. Take a look if you want a quick 5 minutes of feel-good inspiration.




Looking for recycled / repurposed paper projects for your own project inspiration? Then you'll want to take a peek at 25 of the best DIY repurposed magazine projects that I found across the Internet.

Until next time...
Michael

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found your way to the Blue Velvet Chair! I'll be watching your blog - and please let me know if you have a 'repurposed' or 'recycled' craft that you've made - I also like featuring others on my blog.
    Cheers from Sweden!
    Michael
    bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete