welcome


Welcome in my special space - get yourself a cuppa and stay for a while!!
Please leave a comment, that way I get to know you too...

Tuesday 26 July 2011

meet a new friend, she has invited you all to visit her blog.....



My name is Laurette van der Merwe, and I am a Freeform Fibre Artist, Crafter, Designer, Photographer, Poet and Teacher, born on the 9th May 1954.  I live in Somerset West, South Africa, with my husband, Willie and Weimeraner, Anouk, where I teach and sell my Arts and Crafts from home and various Craft Markets, one of which is the Country Craft Market at Southey’s Vines, Somerset West, South Africa, which is internationally known.  I have a wide variety of crafts that I practise and I am always looking for new and exciting items to create. 
My inspiration comes from the colours that surround us in life, like the flowers, birds, the sea, the sunsets etc. 
My favourite places are the wool shops and material shops, which excite me so much with their variety of textures and colours, hence my trade name, ‘Colour Creations’.

No comments:

Post a Comment