welcome


Welcome in my special space - get yourself a cuppa and stay for a while!!
Please leave a comment, that way I get to know you too...

Monday 24 October 2011

upcycled box....craft find


Posted: 20 Oct 2011 03:00 AM PDT
Post image for Upcycled Box for Baby by Cassie
I have had a couple of these old fruit crate boxes laying around for a couple of years, and I wasn’t sure what to do with them. I decided to decorate one that would be ideal for a baby, to be filled with books, diapers, toys or any of the things that babies require. This project was so simple; all I needed was…
an old fruit crate
a Design Divas vinyl
General Finishes Snow White Milk Paint from Rockler
a paint brush
an electric sander
a credit card
General Finishes EF Milk PaintsI began by giving the box a good thorough sanding to smooth out any rough spots, as the wood had a rough texture.  Then I wiped it down with a wet rag and let is dry.
Once it dried I applied my vinyl where I wanted it, following the simple instructions on the vinyl, and using a credit card, and going very slowly.
After the vinyl was applied, I painted the piece with one coat of my Snow White Milk Paint.  That was all it took for the look I wanted.
After the paint dried, I removed the vinyl lettering, just peeling it off with my fingernails.  Then I gave the box another sanding with my electric sander, hitting the edges to distress, and then going over all the sides to give it a more weathered look.  Then I wiped it down with a wet rag just to remove dust, and I was done!
Of course,  I don’t have any babies, and don’t plan on having anymore, so I need to be invited to a baby shower so I can give it to someone else! :)
Hop on over to visit me at my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment